Disclosure - I received this product free of charge for the purpose of an unbiased review.
I've had trouble sleeping since I was a child, and the older I get the worse it gets. My sleep pattern is very erratic, mainly due to varying pain levels caused by my health issues. Some nights pain will keep me awake all night, then at other times my medication will cause me to sleep for twelve hours straight. Because of this I often find myself needing to sleep during the day, but daylight keeps me awake. So I was very happy to have the chance to review the Oosilk silk sleep mask.
Current price - £15.69 (33% off usual price)
- Cover Fabric: 100% 19MM mulberry silk of 400 TC.
- Inner Filling: 100% pure and natural long strand mulberry silk floss.
- Size: One size fits all with elastic band to suit all head sizes.
- Benefits: Soft, smooth, lightweight, breathable, eye care, sleep promotion, easy to care.
- International Certification: OEKO-TEX Standard 100.
- Machine washable on most gentle cycle in lukewarm water.
- No bleaches. Use neutral or soft detergent for silk.
- Hang dry. Avoid direct sunlight exposure.
- Cool Iron. Always iron on the inside.
The sleep mask arrived in a lovely gift box, but unfortunately it had been slightly squashed in the post. This wasn't a problem for me so I didn't need to contact the retailer, but I may have done if I'd intended to give it as a gift to somebody else. The sleep mask was nicely packaged inside of the box and was well protected.
The sleep mask is available in seven different colours. I chose the violet mask as it's one of my favourite colours and it looks great - it's a very rich, luxurious colour. The mask itself is made out of 100% mulberry silk, and it feels absolutely amazing. It is very soft and smooth, perfect for my sensitive skin as rough fabric can irritate it.
The elastic strap is fully adjustable, so the mask should fit everyone. I was worried the strap was going to be a bit rough on my scalp (I have no hair due to alopecia), but it was actually quite soft and comfortable.
The mask was quite large and easily blocked out all daylight, ensuring I was able to get to sleep. Unlike some cheaper sleep masks, this one didn't feel bulky or cumbersome and was very comfortable to wear - I soon forgot that I was wearing it.
It may be a little more expensive than other sleep masks, but the slightly higher price is definitely worth it. This is a very high quality product, the silk feels amazing against your skin and as it's so well made it will last you a long time. Highly recommended.
Rating - 5/5 stars