BerryWorld Strawberry & Passion Fruit Cupcakes
Gorgeous cupcakes, a perfect special treat for any occasion.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 40 minutes plus 20 minutes cooling
- 150ml pot natural yogurt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 240g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 175g unsalted butter, melted
For the icing:
- 125g cream cheese
- 125g butter, softened
- 350g icing sugar
- 14 strawberries
- ½ passion fruit, seeds & juice
What to do:
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases and heat oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. In a jug, mix the yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract. Put the dry ingredients, plus a pinch of salt, into a large bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Add the yogurt mix and melted butter and quickly fold in with a spatula or metal spoon, don't over mix it. Spoon into the cases and bake for 20 minutes or until golden, risen and springy to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl whisk the cream cheese and butter until smooth then add the icing sugar and beat again until you have a smooth stiff icing. Mash 2 strawberries and beat into the icing then add approximately half of the passion fruit seeds and juice, until you have an icing that holds its shape but is easily spreadable. Pipe or spoon the frosting onto the cakes and top each with a strawberry and a drizzle of the remaining passion fruit.